Wu Jieh Yee Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship organized a guest speaker talk on 8 October 2018. We invited Miss Kim Lim to share her experience on developing a Picha project which help the refugees in Malaysia to earn a living via their own hands.
Photo of Guest Speaker Talk Series by Miss Kim Lim
- To enrich students’ understanding in starting and managing a social enterprise
- To provide insights on how to tackle global social issues in innovative ways
- To share with students the challenges faced in sustaining the business and the solutions to overcome them
The Wu Jieh Yee Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (WUCIE) cordially invites you to attend our Guest Speaker Talk as one of activities of the “Young Leaders in Residence: Kim LIM, Picha Project” series co-organised with the Student Affairs Office and the Institute of Youth Sustainability and Leadership. During the talk, Miss Kim LIM will share her experience and insights on starting a social enterprise for helping refugees. Details of the talk are as follows:
Title: “The Life of A. Musing – The Story of Starting a Social Enterprise for Helping Refugees”
Date: 8 October, 2018 (Monday)
Venue: D204, HSMC
- Brief introduction of the Picha Project
- Experience in setting up the social enterprise, e.g. managing finance, promotion, and getting funding
- Difficulties of starting and running the business
- How social innovative ideas can attract funding for the Project
About Miss Kim Lim and The Picha Project
Miss Kim Lim is the CEO and co-founder of The Picha Project, a social enterprise rebuilding lives of refugees in Malaysia through a sustainable food business. They provide job opportunities to families from the marginalised groups by creating a platform for them to cater food to the public, utilizing their existing cooking skills and equipping them further with professional guidance.
The enterprise is named after a 3-year-old boy from Myanmar named Pita (read as Pi-Cha), who is the youngest son of the first family who joined the social enterprise.
Kim has led the team to win the Chivas Venture 2017/18 in Malaysia and thrived into the Top 5 at the international level. She was recently listed as one of the “Forbes 30 under 30 Asia”.
Besides involving herself greatly into the work of the social sector and economic empowerment, she is also a musician and a composer.
Please register HERE
Should you have any enquiries about the talk, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 3963 5607/8.