JOIN HSUHK x HKSTP Co-Ideation Programme!
Are you having any innovative start-up ideas?
Do you want to take an opportunity to obtain a maximum of HKD100K as the seed fund for realising your ideas?
WHAT IS HSUHK x HKSTP Co-Ideation Programme?
HSUHK x HKSTP Co-Ideation Programme (the Co-Ideation programme) is a brand-new entrepreneurship supporting programme collaborated between the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) and Wu Jieh Yee Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (WUCIE), The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK).
This is a one-year programme for early-stage start-ups with technological elements. It aims to nurture aspiring tech-focused entrepreneurs in Hong Kong. You can turn your technical related business concepts into reality. During this one-year programme, you will have exclusive access to:
- Up to HK$100,000 seed funding
- Training & consultation
- Marketing opportunities
- Mentorship and coaching
- Co-working space access
- Business support
In addition to the above, the shortlisted teams of the Co-Ideation programme will have direct access to the Pre-Incubation Programme of WUCIE, which will also provide mentorship support, a co-working space and networking activities.
ONLINE INFORMATION SESSION
- Date: 12 July 2022
- Time: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Language: English
(1) The team leader/ person-in-charge must be a current undergraduate OR postgraduate student of HSUHK OR a HSUHK colleague AND
(2) Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID) holder aged 18 or above AND
(3) Currently NOT supported by other HKSTP / Cyberport funding programmes AND
(4) Individual / team / company are welcome to join. For company participation, it must have been incorporated as a limited company for less than 2 years by the application submission date.
Applicants must complete the online registration form with the submission of a business concept statement (in pdf). The deadline for registration is 2 August 2022 at 12:00 noon. Late submission will only be considered on a discretionary basis.
Requirements of the Business Concept Statement
- Cover page – Team Name / Project Title / Mission & Vision / Objectives / Core team member(s) – Brief description of academic and business background
- Maximum number of pages: 5 (including cover page, appendices, diagrams and tables)
- Language: English
- Size of Paper: A4
- Font Size: 12
- File Name: Your team’s name
- File Format: PDF
- Indicative coverage:
- – Introduction to the project (identified problem, market opportunity or market gap; description of the business concept and product/service)
– Description of the technological and/or innovative element(s)
– Business model (including target market and revenue & expenses streams)
– Description of the founder or the founding team
– Project schedule
– Other information (stakeholders, partners, awards, IP etc.)
The admission panel members consist of representatives from HKSTP and WUCIE. They will meet and select appropriate project to enrol in the Programme based on the potential and the viability of the project as well as the execution capability of the founder (founding team). The result will be announced during mid-August to early September 2022.
STAGES OF CO-IDEATION PROGRAMME
The Co-ideation Programme consists of three stages. A fixed proportion of the funding will be distributed to the enrolled team upon the completion of assessment of each phrase. HKSTP reserves the right to make the final judgement of funding, training arrangement and the usage of co-working space.
Stage 1 – Silver Badge: Joining the Co-ideation Programme
The team which is successfully admitted into the programme can join the Co-ideation programme and receive HK$10,000 to start developing their prototype.
Stage 2 – Gold Badge: Attending online training and submitting video presentation
Within the given period, selected teams must compete 10 online training courses offered by HKSTP and submit 5-min pitch video with Market validation & Progress report. HK$40,000 funding will be issued after passing the assessment of this stage.
Stage 3 – Platinum Badge: Applying for Hong Kong Science Park’s INCUBATION programme and be successfully admitted.
Teams are required to apply the HKSTP incubation programme, selected teams have to provide prototype demonstration and progress during the Ideation programme during the Incubation Admission Panel Meeting. If the teams are approved by the Incubation Admission Panel, the remaining HK$50,000 funding of Ideation programme will also be disbursed.
TENTATIVE PROGRAMME SCHEDULE
|1-Promotion||12 July 2022|
at 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
Registration: <Link for online info session>
|2-Admission||2 August 2022 at noon||Deadline of application|
|Mid-August to early September 2022||Joint Panel Meeting for teams’ selection
Result announcement (The date will be announced in due course)
|3-Nurture||October 2022 – |
|Proceed the 1st to 3rd milestones
• Business matching
• Milestone Review
|4-Conversion||March - September 2023||• Convert to incubation
• Demo Day
• Programme Review
RULES AND REGULATIONS
(1) Each applicant is only eligible to join one team only.
(2) Each individual / team applicant must assign a team leader (person-in-charge) who is HSUHK current student or colleague. The team leader is also a financial representative and the contact person. He/she is responsible for ensuring the team to submit all necessary documents/information as requested by WUCIE or HKSTP, on or before the stated deadlines throughout the programme.
(3) Plagiarism is NOT allowed. The business concept statement submitted must not contain any unauthorised use of copyrighted or proprietary materials of any person or entity or content violating the law of HKSAR. Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic disqualification. Use of thoughts or work of another source must be properly referenced.
(4) The development of product(s) and / or service(s) will not infringe the rights or intellectual property rights of any other parties (whether registered or not), including but not limited to patent rights, trademark rights, and copyrights.
(5) By submitting the application to WUCIE, the individual or the team have to agree that the information submitted would be shared with HKSTP for administrative purposes.
(6) The selected individual/team of the Co-Ideation programme must meet the following criteria to fulfil the Gold Badge:
- Attend all 10 trainings to be provided by HKSTP
- Submit and complete the milestone assessments on time
Failure to meet the above criteria will lead to failure of the programme. No grant disbursement will be made in such circumstances.
(7) All participants are required to abide by the rules and regulations of WUCIE and HKSTP. WUCIE or HKSTP retains the right to determine the team’s qualification to participate in the Programme.
(8) If the team has any changes in team leader or members, please inform WUCIE by email email@example.com.
(9) The provision of the financial support and co-working space access is subject to the final decision of HKSTP.
(10) HKSTP and WUCIE reserve the right to modify the programme context at any time.
(11) HKSTP and WUCIE reserve the right to reject any application submitted for the programme and the right to interpret, amend, supplement the terms and conditions in the guidelines.
***Personal Information Collection Statement***
- The personal data collected from you will be used for the purpose of processing this application/request, research & statistics and providing subsequent services.
- The personal data you provide may be disclosed to other relevant internal parties within WUCIE, HSUHK and HKSTP for the above purpose, if required. You have a right to request access to, and correction of, your personal data held by us. If you wish to exercise this right, please email to WUCIE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos and videos taken during the programme may be used in promotion and media coverage by WUCIE / HSUHK and/or HKSTP.